Dewey’s 24-hour Readathon is a twice-yearly online event we’ve participated in twice before. My involvement will be a little more limited this year, but I’m still super excited for the books I’ll be reading today.
Our GeekyLibrary contributor, Rachel, is also reading, and you can follow her progress on Twitter @Lady_Saga.
To kick off my event, here are some answers to the opening questions!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I’ve been dying to read Station Eleven and haven’t managed to find the time. Today will be the day!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I’ve got some homemade pumpkin bread that is perfect for this October event.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m the Content Manager for GeekyLibrary and I primarly read science fiction and fantasy for our website. I love the smell of books and I’m always trying to figure out how I can fit more bookshelves in my house.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
The last two readathons I’ve read for the whole 24-hours. I’ve got obligations this weekend that will prevent me from doing this, but I still plan on catching as many of the hours as I can.
I also plan on using my time to write some reviews. I recently read Alive by Scott Sigler which was fantastic, and a perfect spooky read for October.