Dewey’s 24-hour Readathon is a twice-yearly online event and the perfect excuse to read all day long. We’re super excited about it because GeekyLibrary will be hosting a mini-challenge during hour 6 and we hope everyone will participate.
You can follow our progress on twitter @GeekyLibrary.
Our GeekyLibrary contributor, Rachel, is also reading, and you can follow her progress on Twitter @Lady_Saga.
To kick off the event, here are the answers to the opening questions!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
A group of us will be reading from Portland, Ore.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Right now, I’ve really been excited to finish this humerous essay collection Luke Skywalker and Other Geeky Truths by Ryan Britt and dive into the critically-acclaimed memoir Lab Girl by Hope Jahren.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I have a weakness for cheddar goldfish crackers… and oddly enough, so does my cat, so I’ll have to keep them from her.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I read with post-it flags in my hand so I can mark fun quotes. Those get entered into GeekyLibrary’s quote database and randomly appear on our home page.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I’ve participated in readathons before, but this time I plan to do a little less reading and a little more interacting. I don’t want to miss out meeting some of the wonderful people who are participating!
Don’t miss out on the action! Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to GeekyLibrary.
Have an excellent Readathon 🙂 I’ll be checking twitter often for your updates, and sending out tweets of my own throughout.
Awesome! Have a good readathon!