We’ve been having great fun doing the 24-hour readathon (our coverage).
— GeekyLibrary (@GeekyLibrary) April 25, 2015
1. What are you reading right now?
Kallen just finished the last pages of Prudence by Gail Carriger, Jason is reading Zeroboxer by Fonda Lee and Lisakaren is reading Oh No! Not Again! (Or how I build a time machine to save history) (Or at least my history grade) by Mac Barnett, illustrated by Dan Santat.
2. How many books have you read so far?
It’s been a busy day, so fewer books than expected. Total, we’ve read 8 books (including picture books). We hope to double that amount in the next 12 hours.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Kallen is excited to open some graphic novels, like Saga and LisaKaren is looking forward to Slightly Invisible by Lauren Child. Jason is looking forward to more delicious snacks.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
There have been many interruptions. Kallen went for a 12 mile training run (although she listened to Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Askaban audio book) and Jason went on an even longer run.
We participated in many fun challenges, like Book Spine Poetry and creating a imagining a book-based party.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How slow you do read when you are interrupted!